For many couples, their honeymoon is possibly the first big trip that you take together and often it goes way too quickly and you are back to reality before you can say boo.
But what if you could extend your honeymoon and go on a long adventure together? Today's guests did just that!
On this episode of Bridechilla Podcast, I speak with Christian and Annabelle (from Bridechilla Directory friend Evergreen Lane Productions) who have just returned from a 13 month extended honeymoon, travelling across 30 states and visiting over 20 national parks.
Not quite ready for the white picket fence life, Christian and Annabelle devised a plan to buy an RV, pack up their home and commit to life on the road for a year (whilst both working!).
Even if you can't step out of your 'normal' life for an extended time, I know that this episode will inspire you to expand you travel options and hopefully realise that big adventures, don't have to cost big bucks
Listen to episode 328 of Bridechilla
What you will learn this episode
Just because you’re hitched doesn’t mean that you have to settle for the normal after-wedding routine. Do you have feelings of doubt or guilt over not wanting to spend money on a traditional honeymoon? Luckily for you, you don’t have to! Today, I’m talking with travel bugs Annabelle and Christian about how they, instead of spending a couple of weeks at a fancy resort, they sold all of their “stuff” in order to travel around the country in an RV. Tune in to today’s episode if you’ve contemplated traveling more with your partner, working remotely, or living life on the road!
- Learn how to break away from the American Dream and white picket fence
- How Annabelle and Christian downsized in order to fulfill their passion for travel
- Let go of worry and “stuff” and gain a new sense of freedom
- What things to consider when traveling and working remotely full time
- What the benefits of downsizing are
- How travel has helped both Christian and Annabelle with budgeting their money
- Why communication is so important when it comes to traveling
- How to make your money stretch as you travel
- Why you should trade the traditional honeymoon for experiences and travel
- The thing about travel that really helps relationships grow
Annabelle and Christian's Honeymoon in Antarctica
Antarctica is truly the destination of a lifetime. There are few locations more unique, and it’s a trip you’ll be talking about for the rest of your lives. If the objective of your honeymoon is to have memories you can relive for the rest of your marriage, this definitely fits the bill. Check out the video Annabelle and Christian took on their Antarctic adventure:
Check out Annabelle's awesome blog post about how to take amazing video without missing out on your vacation.
Subscribe to Annabelle's free travel course. Join Annabelle for a 5-day email course on how to capture the magic of your adventure in video.Annabelle's Blog
Show image by Yoann Boyer