As a lover of all things wedding and a fierce cheerleader for marriage equality, Brittny Drye, Founder and Editor in Chief of Love Inc decided to marry her two passions and create a resource where all couples—gay, straight and lesbian—can be equally represented. Brittny’s focus is that all couple have the same positive experience as everyone else, while avoiding closed-minded vendors. In this episode of Bridechilla, Brittny shares her best tips for finding vendors that you click with, that will turn your 'dreams' into reality and will share your ethos of weddings and marriage.
Listen to episode 332 of Bridechilla
Episode 332- Show Highlights:
- Why all vendors are not created equal
- The problem with some vendors and LGBT couples
- Why it’s important to find equally minded vendors
- Britney’s suggestions on finding top vendors
- Why it’s necessary to always have a contract
- The best social media apps to use as a valuable resource
- How Socio-political beliefs affect choosing a vendor and is it something to consider?
- What to look for on a vendor’s website that speaks the most about them
- Why you should really consider using a directory
- Read this classic Bridechilla post about choosing equality minded vendors
“You want to work with wedding professionals whose values align with yours, and they want to be there and want to celebrate your love.”
“We’re all just doing our best and trying to make our mark on the world.”
[When looking at a vendor’s website.] “The voice they use tells a lot about the couple they’re trying to attract.”
Meet Brittny Dry
As a lover of all things wedding and a fierce cheerleader for marriage equality, Brittny decided to marry her two passions and create a resource where all couples—gay, straight and lesbian—can be equally represented. Armed with seven years in both print and online lifestyle journalism, she dove headfirst into this passion project in 2013 and Love Inc. was born.
She's inspired every day by the couples that grace our pages, from the can’t-live-without-you grasps to the gentle sweeping away of a happy tear, the love that they so clearly have for each other is intoxicating, and drives her to create the best product possible … while enjoying every second of it.
Show image by Everton Vila