On this episode of the Bridechilla Podcast, guest Sarah Brown joins Aleisha to debunk skin care myths. Everyday we are inundated with images and advertising about beauty and skin care. These messages can be confusing and sometimes absolutely wrong. As the founder of Pai Skin care, Sarah has insight and expertise to expose the lies and help you get to the truth about managing your skin care.
Listen to episode 349 of Bridechilla
Is it really organic?
The term organic has become a buzzword over the last few years. But when you read the ingredients of skin care products, how can you tell if they are really organic? Being certain is especially important for people with skin sensitivities, which is much more common than you might think. Sarah Brown says that you don’t have to be an ingredient expert to spot truly organic or natural products. She encourages looking for kitemarks that will certify organic products. Listen to hear more tips for picking out the best products for your skin during this episode.
How to keep a skin care diary
One helpful tip discussed in this episode is how to keep a skin care diary. Sarah says she arrived at the proper skin care regimen by keeping a diary. Document your sleeping habits, immune system, what you’ve been eating and what products you are using. You’ll start to see how your skin reacts when using different products or during stressful times. You will also identify how different foods affect your skin. Ultimately a skin care diary helps you buy products from a more informed positioned.
The most important first step of skin care
If you are looking to just take one step toward better skin care, Sarah Brown has some great advice for you during this episode. She says that it is important to first consider the foundation of good skin care. Many times, the first recommendation is to moisturize. However, Sarah argues that approach isn’t always the best. You also don’t have to spend tons of money to improve your skin health. Listen to this interview to hear the most important first step of skin care.
The one product every woman needs in her bathroom cabinet
On this episode, Aleisha mentions one of the products that she sampled from Pai Skin care that she absolutely loved. Sarah says that this is the one product that every woman should have in their bathroom cabinet. This essential oil rejuvenates, has an amazing aroma, and provides such great benefit to your skin. It is nature at its best. Listen to this episode to hear what this product is and how you can get some for yourself.
Avoid last minute facials and treatments
If you are weeks (or even months) away from your wedding and your skincare regime and skin are doing well, then sarah advises that you don't mess with it! The myth that you need to have facials and seriously change your skincare routine can go straight in the fuck it bucket, as Sarah suggests that sometimes these last minute treatments can do more harm than good and ignite issues in skin that didn't need to be ignited!
- [0:28] The beauty and skin care industry has inundated us with images and advertising that can be confusing and sometimes wrong. Explore skin care myths with Sarah Brown, founder of Pai Skin care
- [1:45] Introduction of truth-bomb dropper and founder of Pai Skin Care, Sarah Brown
- [2:24] How Sarah started Pai skin care out of her garage after experiencing her own skin issues
- [5:30] What is does the term natural really mean when it comes to skin care products?
- [9:45] How to keep a skin diary
- [13:45] Diagnosing your skin type and then buying products based on that knowledge
- [17:34] Sarah talks about the best way to make a change in your skin care regimen
- [28:04] If you spend a lot money, is it better for you skin?
- [30:55] What is anit-aging? Is it real? Can we turn back the clock? What are Sarah’s thoughts on anit-aging?
- [36:17] The balance between protecting from harmful sun exposure and benefiting from Vitamin D
- [38:27] The one product that every woman needs in their bathroom cabinet
- “I do think the skincare and beauty industry has a lot to answer for some of the information that they share with us.”
- “If you have sensitive skin, you do need to know what is in the product.”
- “If we are being honest, everyone’s skin is different and I don’t think anyone behind a counter could ever know what your skin type is.”
- “For the love of God, remove your makeup at night, I don’t care how drunk you are or how tired.”
- “Anti-aging is a term that is banned from our office and has been from the outset.”
Meet This Episode’s Guest
Sarah Brown is the founder of Pai Skincare, a company committed to providing ultra-pure certified organic skin care products that are loaded with skin-soothers and completely free from irritants.
After developing a skin irritation and having no success with other products claiming to be organic, Sarah decided to create her own products. Pai products are made for people with sensitive skin, by people with sensitive skin.
Listen to episode 349 of Bridechilla
With thanks to our Bridechilla Partners
Show image by Autumn Goodman